
If you're a fan of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series, I think you'll really like this new graphic novel by Lincoln Peirce. Jeff Kinney (Wimpy Kid author) says "Big Nate is funny, big time."
Nate's a sixth grader who knows he's destined for greatness. After forgetting his lunch, his best friend Teddy gives him a fortune cookie with a message inside that reads "you will surpass all others." Of course, fortune cookies never lie, so Nate sets off on a quest to figure out exactly how he can fulfill his destiny! Could it be setting the world's record for eating the most green beans in ten minutes? Could it be writing a love poem to Jenny, the girl of his dreams? Or, could it be the impossible...making Mr. Galvin, the "stiff as a board" science teacher laugh? A feat that has never been accomplished! Nate's one attempt after another at greatness lands him in a heap of trouble, and the detention slips keep piling up.
I have to admit, I am a fan of the Wimpy Kid series. So, Big Nate was not a disappointment. I found myself laughing at Nate's accidental antics and find him a very likable character. On the back cover Nate tells us that "book 2 is just around the corner." I can't wait!

No comments:
Post a Comment