
The year is 1978. Miranda is a sixth grader who lives with her mother in an interesting neighborhood in New York City. Miranda is really caught up in the book a "Wrinkle in Time," when she starts receiving cryptic notes from a stranger who claims he is coming to save the life of her best friend, Sal, as well as his own. The notes are full of very specific information, so Miranda is convinced that the writer is time traveling.
Aside from the strange notes and time travel theories, this book brings together an interesting mix of characters that weave themselves into Miranda's life as she crosses over from childhood to young adulthood. Author Rebecca Stead has been awarded the 2010 Newbery Medal for this novel.

Hello Mrs.Farrel,
ReplyDeleteI am Blaise one of your libary students on day for. My homeroom teacher is Mr.Buffone. Classroom 512. I came here because you told the class that you wher lonly because you had no comments. So here I am. I hate to see people depressed or lonly. So guess what I did today. I have signed up for shelfari. My Username is Blaise R. I have rated all 27 books I have added and I also have made one reveiw on a book so make sure you check that out. Also I have a youtube account so I would love for you to see my videos I made. In the box type rruff51 and my videos should pop up. Thankyou-Blaise
Hi Blaise! Thanks for posting to my blog! I can't wait to see your Shelfari, please show it to me next time you come to the library! Try posting to the forums on the library Moodle. I'd love to talk to you there,too!
ReplyDelete